Friday, June 03, 2005

LCAMC (Lights! Camera! Action! Media Camp) 2005


I am shocked.

At myself.

I lasted three days with less than six hours of sleep in total.

Or five hours.

And when I reached home, first impulse after bathing wasn't to sleep.

It was to...

...blog.

Yes, I'm lame right?

Hey, blogging's cool 'k.

Oh no, I think I've been sticking around the Z-clan for a bit too long. I'm getting influenced by the likes of ZisZis and Ztak. *wiggles finger at them* Tsk tsk tsk.

Haha, ok, maybe I just miss my computer.

Wait, that couldn't be just it. I even have this impulse to...to...to...

...design a new layout.

NOO!!!!!!!!

I am shocked!

Dagh!

Ok ok, never mind about the post-camp activities first. The camp.

Standard stuff, bright Wednesday morning, reached school at around 0730 hrs, etc. etc. etc.

We had to do some last-minute preparations for the camp - churned out some things and managed to get the registration smoothly. Hope the participants from other schools didn't sense a thing. Please don't.

Then, after the usual opening address (proudly written by me! - though it's edited of course) and the opening declaration, the camp participants (NH MAD seniors aside) went off to Ngee Ann Polytechnic for workshops with their more experienced speakers to learn about the media. I had Life Sciences Camp from 1400 to 1800 though and I couldn't go *sigh*. In fact, every senior was involved in something and that morning, there were no seniors going to Ngee Ann Polytechnic at all.

Eeps.

Skip a few standard procedures each camp timetable would have (bunk allocation and so on) and we come to the planning session for the actual Mission Lights! Camera! Action!. MLCA is actually a project by the groups (made up of students from different schools) whereby each of them had to think of a topic related to teenage trends and do an article and video presentation based off questions, surveys, and interviews with people on the streets. There were two "feeding" spots - Heeren and Far East Plaza. A majority of the group went to Heeren (four groups in fact) and the rest went to Far East Plaza (two groups). As a "handler" (a term which me and ZisZis had so fandom-ly and easily labeled ourselves as - yep, it's Alias fandom) I picked and tagged along with Es' group. Their topic was on movie trends among teens and young adults. Es and Co. were a little reluctant at first to interview people - I didn't want them to take on a passive role though so out of despair I literally pushed Es towards a few girls to interview them.

Whoa, many of the girls HATED to be filmed. Low self-esteem? Bad complexion? Vampires? I don't even understand why. I guess it's the low self-esteem thing, since people who truly, deeply, and madly believe in themselves as NOT photogenic will NOT be willing to go on cam. Even those who are probably don't love themselves too much.

Sorry if I'm talking incoherently (quote Ziep). I am utterly crumbled with less than six hours of sleep in two days.

Darn, I'm beginning to complain 'bout the camp, ain't I?

No way, 'kay?

Argh, sinus. My nose is getting block'd again.

And I'm feeling sleepy already.

At 1635 hrs. *sighs and shakes head*

No comments: