Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Day After the Media Camp

It's been a day since the Media Camp ended as I enter into the folds of the night of the 4th of June 2005. I'm listening to "What You Waiting For" by Gwen Stefani and I can hardly hear the whirring of the air-conditioner among the bass and vocals of the song...

My foot itches. It must be the moisture trapped between the toes. I must have forgotten to wipe it dry after showering. Probably during the Media Camp.

Sleep bites away at my eyes and clutches away at my joints. He sends wave after wave of sleep-sand into my eyes but I fight to keep myself awake. The music has stopped and all I hear now is the whirring of the air-conditioner and the fan.

It's time to continue blogging now. I write this as my mind dwells back to the three days of camp I had.

A sound emits from my computer and a message from Shaun flickers up on my screen.

Which leads me back to the three days of Media Camp, again.

I arrived at school on the 1st of June 2005. The morning sun didn't throw any tantrums or play any tricks and I felt pretty okay that morning. I stepped into the school building and went straight up to the third floor.

The AVA Room. Same place the camp was held last year.

I entered the room, the room cold with air-conditioning.

At this point, my memory fails me.

The rest of the camp flashes by in my pen-"sieve" of a memory - I remember meeting Zis, Ziep and Ztak and talking to them. I do recall meddling with Zis' and Ziep's laptop, tapping away at a Slavic conlang I did on the spot on Zis' laptop. Then I remember rushing off for Life Sciences Camp, which was so boring I wish I was back at Zis' laptop or sleeping. I then remember dinner in the camp, washing up during the camp, staying up during the first night till five in the morning, waking up at seven plus and then realising we had no time to do MAD Vibes, the morning exercise led by Justin (who, frankly, appeared very energetic that morning), the mission in progress that afternoon (Es' group did so many interviews - TWELVE in less than two hours - I am SO proud of my nĂ¼-er), the three-hour compiling session that night, the late nights again, me sleeping at three, me waking up at around seven to realise that I had missed the editing, me doing MAD Vibes (at LAST!) with Zil, the presentation of the articles done by the groups, and finally the closing - *sigh* - what an awful lot of events.

Yes, I slept only six hours in the total of two nights. I was supposed to have slept sixteen. Immediately when I went home from camp I washed - and the first impulse I had was to blog, surprisingly. I thought the Sandman had better things to do - i.e. make me sleep. Apparently he had other plans though, and after I blogged I made an attempt at designing a web layout - and the Sandman finally set his plans to work. I began to nod away at the computer and realised that I couldn't anymore.

So off to bed I went.

I slept for a total of sixteen hours.

Strangely enough, this afternoon I felt sleepy. *sigh* I guess I really need to sleep away the remaining three or four hours I owe.

It's already eleven though. I wonder how I'm going to pay off my sleep debt.

No comments: