Saturday, July 23, 2005

Another Long List of Books.

I just came back from the library. Spent about an hour there, looking through and browsing the books as though I had not a care for the rest of world. I managed to borrow a large bag of books home - lugged it back like I was a book-slave or something.

Here's a list of what I got, complete with some specifications:

==============================================

Frommer's Germany 2004: with a guide to art & architecture
Specs.: Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince; 686 pgs; Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2004.

Psychology: A Very Short Introduction
Specs.: Gillian Butler & Freda McManus; 159 pgs; Oxford University Press Inc., New York, 2000.

Alpha Teach Yourself: Spanish in 24 hours, 2nd ed.
Specs.: Clark M. Zlotchew, Ph.D.; 452 pgs; Alpha Books, Indianapolis, 2004.

Hugo's French in Three Months
Specs.: Ronald Overy and Jacqueline Lecanuet; 256 pgs; Hugo's Language Books, London, 1997.

Teach Yourself: Indonesian
Specs.: Christopher Byrnes and Eva Nyimas; 288 pgs; Hodder Headline, London, 2003.

Teach Yourself: Writing a Novel and Getting Published
Specs.: Nigel Watts; 173 pgs; Hodder Headline, London, 1996.

You Can Write A Novel
Specs.: James V. Smith, Jr.; 138 pgs; Writer's Digest Books, Ohio, 1998.

The Pocket Muse: Ideas and Inspiration for Writing
Specs.: Monica Wood; no. of pgs. unknown; Writer's Digest Books, Ohio, 2002.

Twelfth Night: Contemporary Critical Essays
Specs.: edited by R.S. White; 221 pgs; Macmillan Press Ltd., Hampshire/London, 1996.

==============================================

My my, that really was a very long list of books. I reckon I should do more than just read - though frankly speaking I hardly read what I borrow =$

Ok ok, enough about my weird and unnatural reading habits. It's time for me to type out my whole Common Test time-table - they're super-important and they're just round the corner. Time to type it out so that I can remind my conscious, subconscious, super-conscious, super-super conscious...about the tests so that I can get all psyched and geared up for the tests. Time to boil all the coffee and tea and the adrenaline-inducing chemicals!!! *prepares syringes and needles*

15/8, MON - English Language (0745 - 0925), Elementary Mathematics (1030 - 1130)
16/8, TUE - Chemistry (0745 - 0845), Social Studies (0855 - 0925)
17/8, WED - Higher Chinese (0745 - 0845), History Elective (0855 - 0925)
18/8, THU - Additional Mathematics (0745 - 0845), Biology (0855 - 0955)
19/8, FRI - Pure Literature (0855 - 0940)

Ok, that was for my Common Test time-table (shudders). Got to remember to study *sigh*

Oh by the way, do check out I Speak Dead Languages. I started this blog to write my musings on languages and related subjects.

Well, that had better be all for this blog entry, it seems a little long =] And I've added Ass' link =]

Have fun all! ^_^

No comments: