Thursday, March 24, 2005

Finally Blogging Again

Yes, I know, I know, that I haven't posted for a total of six or so days already.

C'mon, I'm busy ya know.

Ok, maybe not that busy.

Oops, haven't finished Maths tuition homework yet.

Better hurry and finish.

So it's been about a week (less than that) since I've gotten my braces and I'm still feeling a little miffed about them. Honestly speaking, I'm still a little uncomfortable with them on and I can't really eat a lot of food with them on. I miss all those lovely McDonald meals, chocolates, apples, rice, noodles, and other really solid food that I can't eat so far. Oh well, I hope I can eat them soon.

I feel like talking about Michael Jackson. His trial has put him in the limelight as of late and I think something needs to be made clear.

My guess is that he is now pedophilic not because he is by nature a pervert or anything too negative - instead, it is the paparazzi and the crazy screaming fans who cannot seem to control themselves that are the cause of him being a pedophile. He joined the Jackson Five at the tender age of 8 and a lot of unnecessary media attention was attracted to him as he was the youngest of the group. He did not have a proper or happy childhood because of all the pressure that he received from the various sources.

This lack of a childhood underwent a twist and transformed into pedophilia. His desire for the happiness and innocence, for the love and peace of a childhood turned into a terrible thing. Yes, this is all the fault of excessive media attention, and the crazy, screaming fans who stalk and disrupt his every chance of peace. Michael Jackson's ex-wife once commented that he, as a pop star, was not able to go to even a nearby store to buy something - he would be disturbed by swarms and swarms of his fans.

Fans, I guess you must think. Think of your idol. If you really are a fan, you should try to learn to put yourself in his or her shoes - how would you feel if swarms of strangers came over, hording around you, screaming away, and making a hoo-ha out of you? Wouldn't your life spin out of control? Think, before you act - if you really like him or her and want his or her autograph or photo, ask nicely and don't get too excited and make a total fool of both him or her and yourself.

Well, I guess that's about as much as I can type today. I'm not really sure what else I can talk about ^_^

No comments: