Friday, May 19, 2006

The Necessary Accessory - Christian Dior Fall 06.07

I'll never own any of these (I'm a guy y'know, so hush up) but I'm still going to review them anyway. Here we have today a slew of accessories paraded during the Christian Dior Fall/Winter RTW 06.07 show! (All photos from Style.com)




First up is a python-skin gaucho bag. The gaucho bag, which debuted in the Spring/Summer '06 collection, is making it big because it's a very unique bag that, as some TFS users have said, doesn't "scream "Dior"" - which is something I wholly agree with. I mean, it's Dior, but in a subtle sort of way. And the design is slouchy but chic.

The original gaucho bags came in a variety of colours, but I suppose to fit in with the rocker-look theme, Dior chose to create a python-skin variation. That's cool because it does look very rocker - it's very "tough-looking", so to speak. Kind of like, "I can fight snakes and rip their scales off for my handbag, so watch out."



I like this variation of the gaucho bag. The python-skin version was a little too rough-looking for my liking and this is just plain class. The marble-looking fabric used for the main parts of the bag just adds a touch of elegance. The brown lining reminds me of the border used in marble frescoes, or the frames surrounding masterpieces of art.



The sunglasses ... how does anyone actually SEE in them ... ? Did Hana Soukupova actually manage to see where she was going on the runway with these pair of diamond-studded sunglasses on, I wonder? Gives new meaning to the phrase "I'm seeing stars", like totally.

But the cross! The cross! It's absolutely gorgeous, and the best thing is, it's not just for girls! Gimme one! Or two! Or three! (No wait, I want some of the other crosses they have too!)



Like, for example, this one (the three-nail construction just rings with the word "Goth") !!!



Or this one (which I think looks wonderful in that bright shade of blood-red - I desire it)!!!

And now for the Dior accessories featured in the accessories report on Style.com ...



I think this is a very gorgeous pair of pumps (especially the inverted perfume bottle thing used as the heel).

Ok I think I'm only ready to review one of the accessories featured on Style.com - I either don't feel like there's much to say about the others (not that I don't like but just that I don't have a lot of feelings about them) or find them unworthy of review (haha ok not much of that - I think there's only one - was it one of the boots, or? - I don't know).

I think that's about all I have to say for now. I'll can't wait for the next couture collection Dior by Galliano's gonna send down the runways. I hope it's gorgeous and revives the class and craziness that they used to exude.

Oh yes by the way, I never realised until about two weeks back that the outfits I'm featuring in my blog design in the logo up there were actually from Dior's Fall 2005 collection. (I'm slow, ok?)

No comments: