Saturday, May 13, 2006

Autumn/Winter 2006 Trend Observations

I've got a trend observation for this autumn season, but it's probably inaccurate since I'm only basing it on a few collections (whose designers I love to no end hahaha - especially Galliano).

The trend I'm noticing: FORWARD TO THE PAST. Basically what I'm noticing is that a lot of collections aren't going forward; they're taking inspiration from a past period and expanding a lot on it. Designers I've seen done this include Dolce and Gabbana (their Pride-and-Prejudice inspired Napoleonistic military-looking collection), Versace (a collection that strikes as being somehow retro - especially the use of bubble-gum colours like a bright and light shade of teal for a dress, vaguely retro silhouettes, etc.), Dior by Galliano (80s rocker-chic with a gothic touch), and Alexander McQueen (especially the use of a grungy-coloured palette, ruffles around the neck, and certain Edwardian dress silhouettes with a little modification).

Dunno if it makes sense. Here're a series of photos from Style.com. From top to bottom: Dolce and Gabbana, Versace, Christian Dior, and Alexander McQueen.







No comments: