Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bai-nianing in Progress.

And with the progress of Anglicised Chinese I am beginning to tack English grammatical affixes onto my Chinese words. What a wonderful day for language HAHAHA.

Sorry. Got a bit attached to the whole Anglicised Chinese crap.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of bai-nian-ing (a process which probably only the Chinese will understand, and of course a process which probably only Chinese people will experience and know). I'm not blogging in my own house at the moment - am over at one of my parents' friends' house. Ok that was a very confusing phrasal noun HAHAHA.

Chinese New Year? Well it's both a blessing and a curse I suppose, and for me it's been this annual thing where lots of things happen (especially since it's probably the only time in a year I come into contact with these other kids who are about the same age as me and yet somehow just don't seem to be on the same frequency as anyone else) and it's also an especially confusing time. Tradition's one thing but people-business is also another.

Ok I'm beginning to rant. Shall stop here before I lapse into a long confusing monologue on nothing.

No comments: